Monday, April 12, 2010

why do I want to be a teacher?

Well let me tell you why!
So as I'm over here in Russia teaching children it has definitely been a huge challenge and really difficult! And at times I feel like I am going to go home and change my major because I can't handle teaching. However, the longer I've been here the easier it has gotten to teach these wonderful children english. Today gave me a real laugh. here's what happened.

So I was teaching my kids their new spelling words today and one of them was coat. I asked them if they knew what coat was, they said no, so after I was able to properly explain what coat was, I always ask them to use these words in a sentence. So I ask them and then one of my boys, Daniel goes on about coats with the following story. First his sentence is a woman goes to the supermarket to buy a coat! I then said good job! But then he says that a man and woman go to the supermarket. A woman sees a coat she wants. She says I want that and then the man says no. Then the woman cries! So the man lets her buy the coat!

Haha I love my kids, it was just soo funny, and they are learning english, although I'm afraid they are learning the phrase "please sit down in your seat" more than anything but they are soo great! I love kids, and that right there is why I want to be a teacher, because kids make me smile!

2 comments:

Cute Family said...

That is so adorable!!!

Nick and Stacey said...

Cute Annie! I know you will be a great teacher...just like any job it gets hard sometimes! But it is those good times that make it better! Love You Annie, you are the beat!