Monday, January 10, 2011

Bike Riding is awesome!

So basically, I finally decided to get serious about the mission thing, anyway so my mission president sent me a packet over a month ago, and gave me a list of things to send to the mission office asap! asap means after the holidays are over right? I guess it could I don't even get to the MTC for another 6 weeks. Anyway so in the packet it said that every missionary would need a bike, and then a few pages later it said every missionary except sisters need a bike. So you could only imagine the confusion, plus I met a guy who just got back from that mission in July and he said sisters didn't need bikes! But as I was finally getting ready to send the paperwork the president asked for I decided I better call the mission home and ask if I really needed one. So the missionary answered and said they just changed it and indeed every missionary needs a bike. So there you have it, I will be a bike riding missionary! I'm a little excited about it!

Anyway as I was Waiting for my mom to get home for work I decided to research bikes. The president was kind enough to send some options of places to get bikes from, so there were 2 websites that you could buy bikes from that would ship it to the mission office. So then I looked at the first website and it was overwhelming to me, especially since I have never in my life gotten my own new bike, whenever I have gotten a bike it had been one of my sisters previously. So then I went to another website, and it was much easier, especially since it was a bike website specifically for missionaries, and there were only 3 bike choices for sisters and it included with the bike all the gear, that I would need. So I thought that sounded great!

Then my mom came home and agreed that it was the best deal! so thanks to ctrbikes.com I now have my very first new bike that will be shipped to my mission for free. So I will get to see it in person in April when I get there! I'm really excited about it!

However it is quite funny because I never really ride bikes ever, and haven't ridden a bike in years, but it will be great! because I will get a great workout every day and I will stay fit! and just me a riding a bike in general should be pretty entertaining, my companions will probably always be waiting for me but it's all good!


Here's a pic of my awesome Bike!

1 comment:

Cute Family said...

We are totally going to have to be biker babes when you get home! I love bike riding. It's something I feel I am actually good at.