Monday, January 24, 2011

Facebook, real books, and the cleanse!

Ok well I have just been having this urge to write another blog post even though I had no real ideas, so I guess this will be super random but that's what happens when your in Layton, Utah waiting to go on a mission (which is less than a month away now, by the way.)

So what does a resident of Layton, Utah do who is waiting for the mission?
  • spend excessive amounts of time on facebook
  • reads the book of mormon
  • studies Preach my Gospel
  • thinks about going shopping for mission clothes and stuff
  • reads other interesting and entertaining books
  • works at Maceys
  • and most recently does a cleanse
Well so first, facebook! I didn't know why I've been spending so much time on facebook recently especially since I'll be honest, it's boring me lately and I could be doing so many more better things with my time. That is why I decided that I am having a facebook fast, for at least a week, starting yesterday. Plus, there's no facebook on the mish anyway, so I better get used to it.


next reading the Book of Mormon! I'll be honest I haven't done so well in the past and my mission president asked me to read the whole Book of Mormon before I enter the MTC. And well to say the least I have a lot of catching up to do, and less than a month now, to make it!


Next, I've been studying the book of all books for a missionary, Preach my gospel!The truth is, I hate shopping! So therefore I am dragging my feet at shopping, it just overwhelms me and I get bored, and I hate trying on clothes, thus equaling I have not yet purchased my clothes, but it will happen because... I am the world's best procrastinator!!!

I used to read a lot, and then I stopped reading very much but over these past few couple days I've realized why I used to read so much in the past and the reason is I enjoy it a lot, here are te books I've read recently.

The Hunger games - I heard what this book was about and did not think I would enjoy because it seems so evil, but I admit once I picked it up I could not put it back down and can't wait till I can get my hands on the next 2!


next The Perfect Man- you know there was that movie, it was a fast and easy read that I knew I could finish before I got a hold of the 2nd book of the hunger games series, but it was a little too cheesy for me just like the movie.Then since I finished that book, I started reading a book, I started forever ago and then kind of forgot about it A train to Potevka its a true story about an American spy when he was assigned in Russia and he just tells about some of his experiences there. I like it a lot since I can relate!
and for the next 2 weeks I will be finishing up working at Maceys and then I will be finished. most likely forever! I never thought I would see this day come! I am soo happy!!
And my latest and greatest project is my mother and I are doing a cleanse. Today was our first day of it! And I thought I was going to die especially since I work at a grocery store where there is all this delicious looking food. Anyway a cleanse is where you drink just lemonade(a special kind you make) and that is it that's the only food you have for roughly 10 days, and doing this assists you in cleaning out all the toxins in your body! it should be a long 10 days. Wish me luck!


No comments: