Tuesday, December 10, 2013

These are a few of the reasons I teach!

Admittedly, as a first year teacher, it's been.... hard, I feel more often then not I just want to quit, I consider all the different possibilities, that don't include it, and so on and so forth. But I'm not blogging to vent and I know I'm not a quitter, and today was one of those days, So I realized that I have got to keep a journal daily of the reasons why I do it, and I decided today was the day to start... so here it is,,, i wrote a song, well... not a song but rather lyrics to a song. It's super cheesy, but i love it anyway so here it is.

These are a few of the reasons I Teach
(sung to These are a few of my favorite things)

Being creative and being with children. Warm hugs and high fives and laughter and smiles. Students that listen and show that they learned.

These are a few of the reasons I teach.

When they talk out and don't listen, when the time runs out. I simply remember the reasons I teach and then I can feel the energy!

Improved progress monitoring and jokes that the kids make, the second grade team at Midvale Elementary. Excitement, and silliness and performing on stage

These are a few of the reasons I teach.

When I'm tired, and out of patience, when I can't grade more, I simply remember the reasons I teach, and then I feel gratitude!

The challenge and it stretches me and puts me out of comfort. I want to make a difference in this crazy universe. the chance to love students when they don't get it at home.

These are a few of the reasons I teach.

When assessing and managing, and I need D.P. (Dr. Pepper) I simply remember the reasons I teach and then I realize I can!


Obviously there's way more reasons I teach and it may not make sense, but I like it anyway.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Annie you are the greatest! Don't worry those feelings never go away. ;) The good and the overwhelmed! But you are so awesome! I hope you are enjoying your first year!

Troy said...

Your song is awesome. You are an amazing teacher and I am proud of you!