Sunday, November 3, 2013

# 3 I am grateful for fast and testimony meeting.

Admittedly, fasting is hard, but so worth it, when you go in with a purpose, However, I always look forward to fast Sunday, because it means testimony meeting, and I love hearing all the faith filled testimonies, they are always so inspired, and i learn so much, and I love that time to think and contemplate and even share my own. ok fine, it's true confession, I hardly ever share my testimony, but I at least think about it and reflect on it. Also I hope i share it in my daily actions. Anyway back to fast and testimony meeting and my gratitude for it, I guess now is as good as a time as ever to share my own testimony seeing as I am grateful for it.

First of all in some of the testimonies that I heard today they talked about death of parents and grandparents that happened recently in their lives, and it reminded me of the time when I was on my mission, and the phone rang. It was president Becerra calling to tell me that my grandma had passed away, he didn't tell me which one, but he didn't have to since I had only one living Grandma at the time, well I guess technically at that time, I had none. I don't know why or how, but I only felt calmness and peace at that moment. And I don't know why I wasn't more sad, maybe it was because of my understanding and knowledge of the gospel and the great plan of happiness. Well, I did feel sad, mainly for my family and grandpa, but i was okay. It was a little puzzling, because it wasn't expected, I had no idea that my grandma wasn't doing well. For some reason, my family doesn't like to tell us anything that they might consider a distraction on their mission. But anyway at that moment, the plan of salvation was such a comfort, knowing I would see my grandmother again, and I just felt a particular closeness to her, knowing both her and I were doing the exact same thing.... missionary work, just on different sides of the veil, and I know both my grandmothers are excellent missionaries. Anyway i guess I also thought particularly of this experience of my grandma Jean because this month it will be 2 years since she passed away, and I just really love her, well both my grandmas. So yes I have a testimony of the plan of Salvation.

Another testimony I received just this week, on halloween, to be exact was the importance of visiting teachers and home teachers. It all started when I was at school and we were having a halloween party, and suddenly i wasn't feeling well. It was mainly a  stomachache, which was odd since I had literally only eaten applesauce that day. Well as the day went on, I just felt worse, almost like the flu, so after my team meeting, I booked it home, and the stomachache flu turned into unbearable sharp pain in my stomach, unlike anything I had ever felt before. I had no idea how long it was going to last or what was happening, and it was then when I realized I was alone. i couldn't call visiting teachers because i have none, and more importantly I couldn't call home teachers because I had none. I knew or felt i deserved a priesthood blessing in the moment, but realized I had absolutely no one to turn to, well anyone that was close by at least. And I realized that visiting teachers and home teachers are really important, i've never cared or worried too much before, since I've had my family and at school i had friends there, but here I still pretty much don't anyone. True it's my fault, I haven't really put myself out there, and it's not a complaint just a recognition, that someone might need me as a visiting teacher one day, and I should be there so if needs be i can help them. I also have an extreme testimony of priesthood and the power of it, that experience confirmed just a little stronger, that when I do get married, it will have to be to a worthy priesthood holder, because it's hard not having it technically right now, and i'm grateful to my parents who taught me these important things.

I have a testimony of many other things, but I'm sure during the rest of this month I'll have opportunities to share as long as I keep up on it.

No comments: