Saturday, January 30, 2010

Making it to Russia

It all began at 6:30 a.m. when I arrived to the salt lake city airport. I checked in my luggage, went through security and waited. Then finally we boarded the crowded plane and was scheduled to depart at 8:35 but people were still getting seated, and then our plane had to be de-iced. It was cool to watch! Then finally it was time to take off to New York. we got there about 4 hours later, That flight was not bad. then when we landed we had an hour layover, we had to go a long way through this airport to our next gate, my arms were tired and numb by the time we got there and then almost immediately we began boarding for our next flight. That plane was less crowded, but holy cow it was a long flight. I had a window seat and both flights. I couldn't sleep so occasionally I would open the window "blinds" and look out. Every time I looked out there was a light and I could not figure out what it was. then the girl next to me, Tianna woke up and I showed her, and she didn't know either. I said it doesn't really look like the sun or the moon, then we decided it was a giant night light. then we noticed a red flashing light coming from like above. Then Tianna made the connection and the mysterious light was on the wing on the plane. We thought it was hillarious! Then the rest of the flight was long and uneventful.

We arrived in Moscow at 10 am on friday. We took a taxi bus to our host families. I live right next to my head teacher and her husband. My host family is way nice the mom and dad were there to greet me as well as Masha their daughter who is 21, just like me. But Masha is the only one living here. The rest of the family lives in a country home. holy cow it is cold here! Yesterday they said it was a warm day. That means I'm in big trouble because I thought it was cold! Anyway I have been a lot of places in these past 2 days here in Russia, and I am way tired, and I'm still dizzy from the plane ride, yikes! but it's fun here so far!

3 comments:

Sher said...

Annie, that is so exciting! Maybe you should go out, first thing and buy a bushka. (Isn't that the name of those fuzzy russian hats?)

Ok, I googled it. It's Chapka.

Loves said...

Are you shocked that your Mom and Dad are looking at your Blog for FHE. Hang in there it will be a wonderful adventure. Love Mom and Dad. PS Dad will keep practicing his Rushin.

Naunie Adams said...

Annie...

Help! I want to view the updates on Troy's mission.... can you forward my request to whoever is in charge of that?

Thanks bunches...

Naunie Adams
adamsmn@msn.com