Friday, October 26, 2012

1st grade dreams, becomes realities!

I remember once upon a time, I was in my first grade class, and I thought I want to be a teacher one day just like Mrs. Findlay who of course, was my First grade teacher. She was my role model, I loved her, she cared so much for us and always had fun with us, whether it was a song about new shoes, writing workshop, or a birthday spank or kiss on the cheek. I wanted to be just like her. I wanted to be a teacher because of her. I wanted to have an influence on children's lives, I wanted kids to realize what a joy it is to learn. I wanted to make a difference in others lives. But I mean who really follows their dreams from the first grade, because I also wanted to be an artist and a figure skater in the Olympics. Turns out I'm neither artistic nor coordinated, so you can see why those dreams wouldn't last long. But honestly it doesn't seem that many first graders actually follows their dreams, but I believe it was 4th grade in my class with Mrs. Spencer is where my dream of being an elementary teacher was firmly cemented. That is definitely what I desired, it was my true desire, and nothing was going to stop me, although I mean I was only in fourth grade, so I half expected my ideas to change throughout life, but I'm proud to say that yesterday I finished my last actual class in college, and will be spending the rest of my college career until May in the elementary schools. I am actually going to be a real elementary school teacher. It just goes to show a couple of really influential people, hard work and dedication, your childhood dreams can become a reality. I feel so accomplished, and so happy with my life. I know I still have till May. But that's only like 7 months away, and it will go so fast. Yup! I am pretty dang stoked!

No comments: