Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Military Diet... there's a reason it's called that!

So once upon a time my roommate told me about this 3 day military diet, and she asked if I wanted to do it. I said yes. clearly, I did not know what I was signing up for. I didn't realize I'd be starving to death, eating foods I absolutely do not like (boiled eggs) and have to resist some of my favorite foods, (or be a creeper and shove foods like a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie that was given to me in my math class, where we NEVER get food, into a napkin, and save it for 3 days, because it was just too good to pass up).

However, since I am not a quitter I made it the whole 3 days (although I wanted to quit after the first day) Technically I haven't completed it yet since I still have to go to sleep and wake up tomorrow for it to be official, but I made it. And now I can say from personal experience that I do not like the military diet, and also it's not many calories. And I also feel complete because I didn't quit, and realized just how much self-control I have, the real test is tomorrow when I'm free to eat whatever I want.

Anyway so if you want to starve or prove your self-control, I suggest this, if not then ignore it completely. but just in case here it is.


3 Day Diet

DAY 1:
Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice of Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea
Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea (any brew, as long as it's caffeinated)
Dinner--3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!
Tips to Try:
  • Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious!
  • Cook the green beans with the meat or simmer them in the broth. Mmmm :)

DAY 2:
Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana
Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese), 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers
Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:
Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple
Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast
Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

and that's all folks!

No comments: